Moebius/Model King 1/25 1965 AF/X Plymouth Golden Commandos Satellite Drag Race Car w/Factory Altered Wheelbase (Ltd Prod)
The Golden Commandos Racing Club was established in 1964 by a group of Chrysler technicians, mechanics and engineers to “promote automobile racing and create good public relations for the Chrysler Corporation.” The altered wheelbase cars — those “funny-looking Mopars” — changed drag racing forever, introducing what would become known as “Funny Cars” to the racing scene.
Moebius Models’ precision-tooled styrene model kit of the 1965 Golden Commandos Plymouth AF/X can be built as either the rarely documented white “mule” car or the much more famous bronze and white car that still exists today as a restoration. Completed model measures 8" long and includes chrome-plated and clear parts, soft PVC tires, decals and instructions.
- 125 Detailed styrene parts
- Molded in white, clear and chrome
- Highly detailed chassis and undercarriage
- Decals for both Golden Commandos AWB cars
- Authentic 1965 Plymouth AWB Hardtop body
- Options for Steel and Mag wheels
- Soft PVC tires
- Build as White "Mule" car or Bronze and White car