Tamiya 1/24 Mercedes Benz 300SL Sports Car
The Mercedes-Benz 300SL joins the 1/24 Sports Car Series as it is considered an all-time classic in the automotive world. The real car began life as a prototype for the German motor giant’s works racing team, taking part in international races, and in 1954 a production version debuted at the International Motor Show in New York. Despite nominal road car status the 300SL was still a very racy vehicle and proved popular, particularly in the United States. It possessed a 3-liter engine (hence the 300 in its name), and a highly lightweight body (SL stands for Sport Leicht, lit. “light sports”) with striking gull wing doors. 1,400 cars were produced by the end of its production run in May 1957. The Tamiya model kit captures the real life subject down to the working Gull-Wing doors and complex tubular space frame.
- Includes opening engine hood and gull wing doors. The doors can be locked in open position using a small strut.
- Includes metal emblem transfers.
- Opening the hood reveals the faithful depiction of the engine. Hood can also be locked in open position.
- The complex tubular space frame is elegantly recreated.
- Nylon mesh is included to recreate the front air intake.
- Numerous metal-plated parts recreate side bars, bumpers and more.
- Comes with window masking stickers for use when painting the model.
- Metal transfers are included in the kit to depict mirror surfaces and emblems.
- Features newly-designed tire parts.