Hobby Boss 1/35 German Pz.Kpfw. / Pz.BfWg 38(t) Ausf. B
The Pz.Kpfw 38(t) was designed by CKD (Praga) in 1938. The first 150 tanks were produced for the Wehrmacht as the Pz.Kpfw 38(t) Ausf.A from May to November 1939. The success of tests with the first production vehicles led the Waffenamt to order further 325. Externally similar to Ausf.A, the Ausf.B had the driver’s curved plate. The Ausf.B served in Francein 1940 with the 7th & 8th Panzer Divisions.
The Pz.Kpfw 38(t) tanks were used by German, Hungarian, Romanian, Slovakian, Bulgarian armies at the initial period of WWII. They were also exported toSweden,Switzerland,Peru,Iranand other states. The Pz.Kpfw 38(t) with excellent technical characteristics such as speed, armor protection and high reliability. The Pz.Kpfw 38(t) was the best light tank at the initial period of WWII.
Pz.BfWg 38(t) command tank was the standard Praga tank with the additional Fu 8, radio station installed instead of the bow machine gun and the frame antenna over motor compartment. Each Wehrmacht panzer division has 7-10 Praga command tanks. The total of 300 PzBfWg were produced.